Followers

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Certain things are best done alone

Have you ever wanted to just slap someone so hard that they’ll start crying like a baby just because they’re annoying you? Well I have. It’s my brother; he's always irritating me when I'm doing something that is so important to me; playing video games. Maybe to you that seems like a petty excuse to get angry at someone but I'm very emotional about my video games.
Let me give an example. Just picture this: I'm sitting in front of the television set with a cold bottle of water beside me and the controller of my gaming console in my hand. Next thing I know my brother steps in and asks me to turn off my console and let him watch television. During my period of distraction my game is ruined. How much more frustrating can it get? And do I even need to tell you that I pounce onto my brother until I'm convinced that I have beaten him senseless.
So just to make things clear, I'm not some nerdy kid who draws the curtains close and glues his eyes to the gaming screen, unable to tell the difference between reality and virtual world. In fact I'm the kind of person who’s quite adept at video games but only plays it once or twice a week, if time permits. But! When I do get this time, I will not let any force on earth to stop me from this freedom, except my mum and dad.
So face it I love playing video games, I enjoy them but I prefer to play alone. Although I do not mind people watching me play something like FIFA 10, it gives me more confidence to see my ‘fans’ cheering me on.

No comments:

Post a Comment